It’s been a while since I’ve been in touch but what better topic than Christmas?!?!
The preparations for this Christmas have been a little differnt for me this year for a couple of reasons:
- Being Part Time in my ‘normal’ job (is there such a thing – that’s another blog post in it’s own right!) has given me more time to prepare
- And being the Christmas Shopping Fairy has made me feel even more Christmassy than usual.
If you don’t know about the Christmas Shopping Fairy then let me get you up to speed…
I’m not a parent but lots of my firends are and I know how hard it can be when you need to go shopping with the little cherubs, never mind Christmas shopping which is on a whole other level in terms of pressure.
So I had the idea that parents could drop their children with me on a Saturday afternoon and have a few hours to themselves to go shopping/have a cup of tea/go to the hair-dressers/go back home/whatever they need while we dance and sign and make stuff all with a Christmassy theme.
I even featured In the Paper (Leicester mercury More Magazine) on 1st December 2012.
It’s been really good fun, and I don’t know about the children, but I’ve certainly slept well when I’ve got home!!:
- we’ve made paper chains, posters and decorations;
- we’ve played traditional games like hunt the thimble and wink murder;
- we’ve sung songs and made up dance routines to some pop as well as Christmas music.
This Saturday will be the last one (22nd Dec) and we’re going to be singing and dancing to a few new songs as well as all of the songs we’ve used in the last few weeks, and we’re going to make Christmas cards – all of the tissue paper shapes are cut out and ready to go.
Spending time with the children has really given me time to think about what’s important, all year around, but especially at Christmas. For me that’s spending time with friends and family and having a good time. It really doesn’t need to cost lots of money to show people that you care for and appreciate them.
I’ll sign off now and wish you a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year